Because Safety is No Accident
We bring you this week’s blog in honor of building safety month. Below are 8 simple steps on how to utilize your equipment software to improved safety.
- Restrict non-compliant assets: Use your software to restrict or warn you when you a selected an asset that has certificate or other date driven requirements which has expired or will expire in the life of the contract.
- Automate safety sheet distribution: Use your software to auto generate safety sheets or instructions for contracts based on the equipment being rented so they automatically email or print with the contract.
- Ensure safety features aren’t missed: Set up mandatory accessories to go along with the main item being rented that are vital to its safe use. For example, equipment guards might not be charged for as a separate item, but can be detached from the item. If it’s setup as a mandatory free accessory that is only visible internally, it provides a reminder to the person fulfilling the order that all parts need to be sent. This helps ensuring all safety features of the rented equipment are included
- Prevent rental of unchecked equipment: Prevent equipment from being rented out until it’s been fully inspected after the last rental by using the system statuses and automatic creation of service orders for the checks to be performed.
- Send only qualified operators: Ensure the operator you are sending out is qualified to operate a piece of equipment. Using the competencies in the system can be setup against equipment, as well as defined against operators to ensure the right operator is sent out.
- Verbal instructions: Set up warning messages that are linked to equipment types and will appear when adding lines to a contract for the rental coordinator to advise the renter. Sometimes they might trigger the renter to realize they might need a different piece of equipment.
- Ensure the right equipment is going out to fit the job: Using a list of key questions can be asked when raising the rental contract to ensure the right equipment is selected for the job. For example, something incapable of dealing with the power capacity required might cause fires.
- Be proactive about compliance and safety checks: Using the system reminders and schedules to ensure checks and services are being performed and on time to keep equipment in the best and safest shape.
Use your equipment management software to help your team be safe and accident-free.