Exceptional Software, Stellar Support
About Doosan Babcock
Since its inception as a boiler systems pioneer in 1881, Doosan Babcock has always been at the forefront of innovation. Today, as part of Doosan Power Systems S.A., the organization provides a wide range of technologies to the global power industry. Through continual advancement of their products and expertise, Doosan Babcock aims to help lead the transition to a cleaner future.
To begin this conversation, could you explain how RentalResult fits into Doosan Babcock’s operational workflow?
Our workflow essentially goes as follows:
- Individuals out onsite create a requisition through Oracle
- That requisition then gets interfaced into RentalResult via an integration
- That requisition goes through an approval process to confirm that the equipment and how it will be used are appropriate
- Once approved, the requisition is processed into an electronic picking list that is sent to our stores
- The equipment either gets picked up from the stores using a hand scanner or manually entered (depending on the nature of the equipment)
- Once the equipment is ready, it is passed to the stores for dispatch
- After dispatch the information then comes back up to what we call our “requisition control area”
- Items then get keyed into the system
- Finally, a dispatch note is created, and the equipment goes to the site
This process applies to just about every piece of equipment we offer (from shackles to heavy lifting equipment to vehicles).
One of RentalResult’s strengths is how it seamlessly integrates with other best-in-class software solutions. What integrations does Doosan Babcock take advantage of?
In addition to the previously mentioned integration with Oracle to convey requisitions into RentalResult, we leverage an integration with Cognos to write reports. RentalResult is a treasure trove of data and Cognos allows me to sift through all that information with ease. No matter what I need to find, I know that I can use those reporting tools to pull up and manipulate the data I need.